Thursday, August 4, 2016

Hello, August: I'm Catching Back Up

July ended up being a busy month, so I can’t say we took a relaxing, peaceful break last month. But I admit I’ve missed the practice of regularly blogging. Allow me to do a little catch up:

On the personal side
We kept my nephew for July 4th weekend. 



We’ve been to two different lakes with various family last month. 



We celebrated my mom’s birthday and Howell’s grandmother’s 90th birthday. 



And we went to NYC with our best friends.




What a great month for spending time with others! We are continually blessed by the people God has placed in our lives.

On the writing side
I entered several contests this summer, so I’m hoping to hear something on those soon. I’ve also revised my manuscript like crazy, especially the first half. The critique group I joined has greatly blessed me, and I received feedback from another writer-friend who swapped manuscripts with me. Both opportunities have allowed me to make some changes that (hopefully!) strengthen the manuscript.

I am waiting on an agent-hopeful, and in the meantime, I’m thinking of setting this manuscript aside and focusing on another story God has put on my heart. I’m in the process of outlining it now, and since I’m shooting for the shorter side on this one (maybe 40,000 words), I’m hoping I can finish it this year.

August is like January for us teacher-folks, and I always love the renewed sense of purpose I get at the start of every school year. I anticipate good things to come.

The Lord continues to woo me closer, drawing me in where I can see His Daddy heart. I’m reminded of His goodness, of His perfect plan.

“The Lord is good and what He does is good.” Psalm 119:68
“For the Lord is a shield and a sun. He bestows honor and favor. No good thing does He withhold from those who walk uprightly.” Psalm 84:11
“The Lord will perfect that which concerns me.” Psalm 138:8

Whether this month feels like a new start or a halfway point in the year for you, I pray you’ll take deep breaths today and allow the Lord to love on you with His goodness. 

No comments: