Thursday, January 5, 2017

My Top Five TBR from 2016

2016 was a good year for books. I only made it through one of my reading wish-list books I posted about at the end of the year, but in the spirit of reflection, I wanted to share with you my top five picks for books you must put on your To Be Read (TBR) list.




5. Her Texas Family.  In this sequel to Falling for Texas, Jill Lynn captures your heart with her characters, some new, some familiar. Jill's message in this text is subtle, and although this might be an expected happy-ending love story, she still moved me with her words.










4. American Wife. Taya Kyle opens her home through each page of this text and invites us into her life. She's raw and vulnerable, and because of that, I have a greater appreciation for her story--and our military families. When I finished the text, I hugged my husband a little tighter and thanked God for him.  Read this with a Kleenex.









3. Almost Like Being in Love. Also a sequel, Beth Vogt's unique series gives us a new destination and perspective for the characters--again, some new, some familiar. She writes characters we care about, and as we encounter their struggles, we also experience their hope and success. If you like a good love story, you'll like this one.










2. Told You Twice. Friends, you know how much I adore Kristen Heitzmann. She's a talented writer who not only writes incredible characters and unpredictable plots, but also weaves messages of hope and God's grace in everything she writes. I've posted on this book already here and here, so I won't gush much more. It's a great sequel to Told You So, and I highly recommend it.









1. Long Way Gone. Charles Martin has done it again. He's the real King of Romance, in my opinion, and in his latest book, he has made the iconic biblical story of the prodigal son uniquely his own. As with When Crickets Cry, you'll love his characters, and the ending will leave you stunned but satisfied.  Read this with a BOX of Kleenex.








What about you, friends? What were your favorite books from 2016?

No comments: