Monday, August 1, 2016

Happy Anniversary to Us!




Tomorrow, we will celebrate eight years of incredible marriage. It’s funny how in many ways it has flown by, yet I feel as though we have been married forever. Eight years went by in a blink and at the same time helped create a bond between two people that is tight beyond what I knew was possible.

I still remember the first day that I met Laura, even though she doesn’t. :P I thought, wow, she is beautiful. She really might be the one I’ve been looking for. I’ve never been one of those people that believe there is only one person out there for everyone, but I do know for a fact that God created us for each other in many ways. 

You see, a few months before we met, I asked my dad “How do I know when I’ve found a person who I can marry?” He said that I need to be confident in what I was looking for before I could be sure when I found it. Wise words, as usual, from him. I made a list with 17 qualities, ranging from spiritual to physical to personality and prayed over it. The night I met her, I started checking them off, and it didn’t take long before they were all checked, and I was falling fast in love. It took her a little longer to get there, but we have been mad about each other ever since.




We’ve been through good and bad times, made huge mistakes and great decisions. In eight short years (knowing each other ten), we have formed a friendship and a marriage bond that is deeper than I could’ve imagined. Every night, when I pray for her before bed, I thank God for Laura and for putting us together. When I think He might be holding out on us, or I have some unanswered prayer, I’m reminded of the life that He has given the two us, and I have no doubt that He is good.

This is supposed to be a fun post, and I’ve gotten deep and emotional. So, to lighten the mood, I’ll let you on a little inside joke about our eighth anniversary. Laura is always the one of us who remembers things. She can probably tell you what we ate last week for dinner and what is on her calendar for ten days from now. For some reason though, our sixth anniversary became our eighth in her mind. Nearing our anniversary, people would ask how many years we had been married. The answer was repeatedly eight. 

Now, I’m not always sure of my memory, but I was very sure once I counted on my fingers that that was not our eighth anniversary. When I asked about it, she was embarrassed, but we had a good laugh. And then she said “It just seems like we’ve been married so long!” So I said, “Well I guess time flies when you’re having fun.” Since then, it’s been a running joke that we will always have been married eight years. Now it’s true!




We are so blessed to share the little bit of wisdom we’ve gained from the Lord in our marriage. It is an honor and a privilege. We look forward to many more wonderful years of marriage and hopefully, passing that on to you.

~Howell
@G2WHubs

No comments: