Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A new house; a faithful God

Well, I am going to "brave" adding pictures to a post....

Here are a few pictures from our new house:











We love our home, and feel absolutely blessed to have it. God is so good!
Sometimes, when you ask God for something, it takes a little patience. Always, it requires faith and trusting in Him...and releasing control. But, in the end, He is faithful. When I think about the last semester, and our "house hunting" experiences, I am overwhelmed to see how God's hand has guided us in all things. First, He guided us financially to save, and to be good stewards of His money. He taught us to trust Him, which was a lesson more than needed in the final few weeks of getting the house. Second, He guided us to wait for His best. At one point, we almost bought a house that we really thought we wanted. When I look at this house that He gave us, I see not only what he kept us from doing, but also that in waiting, His greater blessing was yet to come! Finally, He guided us to trust Him and lean on Him, rather than ourselves. There were moments I thought we'd never find a house. Then, when we found this house, there were moments when I thought it wasn't going to work out. But He'd gently nudge us, and say, "trust me." And we did. What a wonderful way to see in reality the meaning of Proverbs 16:9 come to life!
"The heart of man plans his way, but the LORD establishes his steps."
p.s. I won't go into the details for how long adding pictures took me to figure out! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing! what a blessing to see His hand at work in all of this:)!It is also truly a blessing to see His faithfulness and your faith in Him alone!!

Fortner Family said...

What a beautiful home!! Thanks for sharing your story!

The Louders said...

God is so faithful!! Jantz and I can attest to that as well!! Congrats on your new home...it's beautiful!!